Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Family Nights

Over the past several years we have tried to have regular "family nights".......meaning we turn off the TV, get out the games, and just hang out.  I love the idea of family nights, although it's been hard for us to be consistent with them.  Like most things, you have to be intentional about keeping them going and often life gets in the way.  We get busy and time just passes us by.

When my friend posted about the Family Nights at her house, I was immediately intrigued. I shot her a quick email and asked for more information.  She sent me to this site and I started looking around at all the products they sell.  There were so many to choose from- most of them looked like activities I'd like to use.  (fyi.....I actually found a used copy, in excellent condition, through Amazon and paid about $6 total with shipping)

Like Jessica, I decided to start with this one:

My oldest loves science.  The fact that this book combines science with Bible/life lessons is a huge bonus.  I know my boys will love learning this way. 

I got my book last night and am so excited to start.  More than anything, I'm excited to have resources that will help me keep our Family Nights meaningful.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children."  Deuteronomy 6:5-9

No comments:

Post a Comment