Saturday, December 4, 2010

For the Love of Cards

December is such a fun month with all the Christmas activities we have planned but one of my favorite things of all is going to the mailbox each day to check for Christmas cards.  I enjoy the pictures and seeing how each family has changed since the last year.  I have a card hanger that goes on the wall as you walk into my kitchen and each time we get a new card we place it on the hanger.  It's so much fun to fill that hanger up and it's a reminder of how blessed we are with so many friendships.  One tradition we started last year was to pray over each family as we got their card.  It's something I hope we continue to do from now on!

Over Thanksgiving break, I took the boys to the park in order to get a picture that was card-worthy.  I'm not so convinced that I took amazing pictures but I do think there are a few that would look cute.  It really helps when sites like Shutterfly have so many precious card templates to choose from.  I have ordered from Shutterfly in the past and not only were my cards beautiful, the turnaround time was really fast. 

While browsing their holiday card choices, I found a few that caught my eye:
I LOVE the stripes at the bottom of this card!  It's simple yet cute all at the same time. 

In the past, I've sent cards like this:

.....because I love having the option of including multiple pictures. Sometimes it's just too hard to pick one photo!

I love this one too.......
The font at the top is greatness!

See, it's hard to pick.  They just have so many to choose from.

Wonder if I'll end up with this one.......

And want to know something else that's awesome?  Shutterfly is offering 50 free cards to bloggers who blog about this giveaway. You can read all about it here. 

And don't forget that they also have other photo items that could be used for gifts or stocking stuffers.

Go check it out and get yourself some free cards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment