Monday, November 1, 2010

A Joyful Heart is Good Medicine

A couple of months ago I had the privilege of hanging out with one of my best college friends- just the two of us- no kids.  It was bliss.  We went away for the entire weekend and had a blast.  We did lots of shopping, eating, laughing, and even crying.  Don't you love friends like this?  They are a rare find, I can tell you that!

During our weekend, we spent some of the time talking about our kids and things we do to shape them into better people.  We discussed Bible lessons, activities, community outreach projects, and all sorts of things geared at making our children well-rounded, Christian kids.  Whew, what a job we all have.

She told me about these CD's that she plays while riding in the car and she shared with me how helpful they have been for her.  I decided to order them and I'm so glad I did.  Not only do they teach Bible verses...but they also teach character traits as well.  There is a mix of fast and slow songs and my boys LOVE them.  They probably don't love that I start to sing "do everything without complaining" or "children obey your parents" when their behavior becomes less than desirable but I can say that we've all really enjoyed the overall message these songs deliver.  My 4 year old will often ask for the "joyful heart" song and I love that he wants to listen.  So, if you are looking for some new songs for the car or home, I'd definitely say these are worth getting!

Speaking of joy...........
.......these 3 girls have brought a lot of joy to my life the past 14 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment